Monday 9 January 2012

Ancillary Task 2 - Film Magazine Review



The Making of:
Here I used Adobe Photoshop CS3 to create a film review for my short film. After a strong amount of research into magazines from last year, I chose to go with "Empire" magazine for their well reknown professionalism. The article mimics the "illustrative" feel of Empire's current style of bright colours and monochrome photos, as well as a range of typography. I also used Photoshop's "guides" feature to mark half way points and other important features to ensure that the article had a professional feel. I also used a brush to mimic the spray can effect, which is popular for most film magazine headers. I felt it was important to maintain the codes and conventions too, providing a page number, the "Empire" logo and the date at the very bottom of the page.



The Final Product: 
My final product displays the codes and conventions of a standard magazine review, using columns, headers, a colourful theme and a range of typography. I feel I have produced an effective and attractive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment